A new building design which called the ANZ Center is completed designed by the Australian architecture and interior design firm HASSELL. This building design is located in Melbourne, Australia. This building is one of the most open and permeable banking headquarters in the world. It has a bank which is invited to the public into the heart of its workplace. With most of the floor is dedicated to shared, interactive activity to enable the incidental connections which are so critical to day’s knowledge economy, this ‘urban campus’ is the next generation in the design for collaboration and flexibility. This building is also a global environment and sustainability benchmark which is incorporating a raft of first-time green initiatives. This new landmark building is precisely located in Melbourne’ Docklands. The riverside setting and the natural external color palette which is ranges from the earth tones at the ground level to the light blue sky references at the upper levels is inspired its fluids forms.
Permeability and public space
As many as a small town, this building design is houses for about 6,500 people and it is can provides an opportunity to make a small-scale engagements with its local community and it is operates as a permeable extension of the existing urban precinct despite its large scale. This ‘urban campus’ design is centers around a publicity accessible ground floor ‘common’. The inclusion of this permeable public space within the workplace is brings the stakeholders and the community into the organization’s heart, it is creating a lively ground level hub which is including the cafes, public art and a visitor center. Which is locating the work floors around the central atria maintains a high level of the visual connection between the public ‘common’ and the workplace, it is reinforcing the day-to-day connection between the ANZ population and the community which is it serves. While to balance the need for the security and transparency, this demonstrates a bold new direction for a banking institution seeking.
Flexibility, diversity and engagement
Which is including the graduates and younger generation employees, a cross section of the employees is helped to shape the design. To ensure the longetivity of the design and meet the employee and the community expectations for the environmental social sustainability, extensive consultation and research end by HASSEL, DEGW and The Future Laboratory (London) helped ANZ envision their future workplace. As the result, a flexible, open plan office space is designed to inspire ANZ’s diverse workplace community today and anticipate its future needs. To maximize the daylight penetration, promote collaboration, accommodate varied work styles and provide the flexibility, expansive floor plates are configured to achieve it. For about 55 per cent of the work area is shared interactive, collaborative space with the remaining 45 per cent dedicated desk environment. To activate the ‘spaces between the places’, the urban design principles are used, it is juxtaposing noisy and quiet, hot and cold, territorial and non territorial spaces, it is to create flow and vibrancy. Which is connect the quiet working zones, five distinct hub types are distributed across 44 individual hub spaces.
One of the world’s greenest buildings
This architecture design has been awarded a 6 Star Green Star sustainability rating from the Green Building Council of Australia. On-site energy production is provided through three key technologies: a tri-generation system; a rooftop photovoltaic array; and six vertical axis wind turbines. A comprehensive water management and recycling system is among other key green initiatives.
Architects in collaboration:
HASSELL and Lend Lease design
NLA: 85,500 square metres
GFA: 130,000 square metres
Floorplates: 9,833 – 6,500 square metres
6 Star Green Star Office Design rating from the Green Building Council of Australia