This house located in the mountain region of Rio de Janeiro, this house environtment is shady and natural with creeks, rocks, many trees, colorful flowers, and a delicious earthworm.
This modern contemporary house using vertical wooden beams, in the back of this house designed open with glass walls, its transparency, blending into the immediate surroundings. To the downstairs has an area with a sauna and pool and built-in doors that entirely open out. More than 20 meters of doors space.
An immense rock penetrating this space confuses us even more. The garage parked near the road and crossing over a steel bridge that passes throughout a small woods, they arrive at tree-covered deck close to the access doors of house.
- Project: BR House
- Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Architects: Marcio Kogan’s website – http://www.marciokogan.com.br/
- Photography: Nelson Kon
This house wins some Awards :
- 2009 Best Architecture – International Property Awards – Single Houses
- 2006 Merit Award – V Bienal De Arquitetura De Brasilia
- 2005 Award Winning – Record House 2005
- 2004 Award Winning – IBA Award
- 2004 Merit Award – Brasil – IV Bienal Ibero Americana
[Via - Contemporist.com]